The company (SVH & PVH) is declaring its commitment to implementation of "The Code of Conduct". The official signing ceremony will be held at Dhevatara Residence on Friday 17th of April, 2009 at 4 pm.
AdsSpy: 348 sites by this AdSense ID
Thailand, Kingdom of (Press Release) April 8, 2009 --
As a socially responsible tourism company, Samui Villas and Homes Co., Ltd. (SVH) and Phuket Villas & Homes Co., Ltd. (PVH), is hereby declaring its commitment to implementation of The Code of Conduct for the Protection of Children from Sexual Exploitation in Travel and Tourism.
The Official Signing Ceremony will find place at the Dhevatara Residence villa on Friday 17th of April, 2009 at 4:00 p.m.
Consequently, the company will take the necessary actions for successful implementation of the following six criteria as an integrated part of daily operations:
1. To establish an ethical policy regarding commercial sexual exploitation of children
2. To train the personnel in the country of origin and travel destinations
3. To introduce a clause in contracts with suppliers, stating the common repudiation of commercial sexual exploitation of children
4. To provide information to customers (travelers) by means of catalogues, brochures, in-flight films, ticket-slips, home pages, etc.
5. To provide information to local "key persons" at the destinations
6. To report annually
The company commits to implement the submitted Action Plan relating to the fulfillment of these six criteria at all destinations where sexual exploitation of children is considered an issue of high concern, and to be transparent in the monitoring of these actions.
Furthermore, the company commits to make the necessary efforts to reach the minimum standards of implementation approved by the Annual General Meeting of The Code for each criterion.
SVH and PVH are committed to support ECPAT (End Child Prostitution Child Pornography and Trafficking of Children for Sexual Purposes) work and effort to protect children in the travel and tourism industry.
For more information about The Code and ECPAT please visit our website: http://www.samuivillasandhomes.com/corporate-responsibility.html where you can also find the signed agreement when you click on The Code logo.
Samui Villas & Homes Co., Ltd.
11/7 Moo 1, Tambon Bophut, Amphur Koh Samui, Suratthani 84320 Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 77 427 648
Fax: +66 (0) 77 427 649